Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Reality From My Bay Window

The view from my window

Looking out my window is my "reality"  of choice.  I get to watch the world go by in silence.  The joggers, the dog walkers, the cars, the chipmunks, the love birds, the geese, all with a sense and sensibility.  So why do I turn on the TV where the so called "reality"  TV shows are an assault to my humanity?   Most every scene is set up to be a  fake fight scene with pigeon talk spiced up with vocabulary  that has been approved by the FCC because censorship is a dirty word.   How did we get from Jane Austen Sense and Sensibility.....


Google photo image
....to this kind of mess called the Reality Housewives of Atlanta, New Jersey, O.C., New York, L. A. and maybe in your town too???
Photo from Google images
This is the truth.  I do not want to admit I watch some of this and worse than that I have no idea why.  Is it an addiction to entertainment, some kind of conditioning, a need for diversions, I have no idea.  I watch TV a few hours in the evening after ballet class so why bother?  Why not just try leaving it off and read or continue looking out my window?  This is my 64,000 dollar question. 


No comments:

Post a Comment