Friday, June 15, 2012

Do You Want To Be In The Guinness Book Of World Records

Ernestine Sheperd: the 75-year-old bodybuilder has an inspirational video I found on the blog That's Not My Age you can find here  No I do not want to take up bodybuilding but I may want to start running. I just am not sold on the idea it is good for the physical body.  I read Haruki Murakami memoir and he does not think running is suitable for all body types.  He has a sturdy strong muscular athletic body type and I have a loose gangly flexible body just the opposite of his.   I am going to watch a DVD I checked out at the library today called "ChiRunning" A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless. Injury-free Running.  The keyword for me here is "effortless".  I like the sound of that.


The other DVD I found is called "Athlete" a documentary about 4 different athletes--- a cancer survivor, a blind senior citizen and twin sisters

  Ballet is my exercise of choice and will stick with it until the spirit moves me to discover a new athletic endeavor and a teacher/coach that I would connect with in a way that I would quit my job and begin the day to day training.  I know when things happen in my life when the interest is high the direction comes naturally.

I have thought it would be fun to be in the Guinness Book of World Records but so far not enough to dedicate my life to it.  I wonder if anyone else has besides those who actually end up there? Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment