Sunday, December 8, 2013

An Exercise Fanatic

Twenty degrees in Portland town today but sunshine and no wind.  After not walking due to cold temps for several days except for shopping at The Mall (totally does not count for exercise) I knew I had to put on my knit tights, plus leggings, cami, thermal tee, hoodie, plus jacket, wool hat and go walk the river.  After seeing runners  earlier in the morning, and bicyclists all decked out like Lance Armstrong I knew I had to get my own training in gear.


Met R. and J. for coffee.  R asked me why I decided to go to my companies holiday party and if it was because of the documentary we saw last week called "Finding Joe" about the teachings of Joseph Campbell and others.  It was mentioned as an artist to do at least one thing every 7 days that takes you out of your comfort zone.  That would be socializing for me.  It is so uncomfortable for me to try and make conversation in groups of people.

I told her I think it must be because every ballet class was so challenging for me and uncomfortable that without it now I feel a need to find other things to do that take me out of complacency.  Who knows where my journey is going.  I just want to keep opening to what is new each day.

2 comments:

  1. You've certainly got the right attitude! I didn't see the documentary you mention but it sounds like something I'd like to see! I too believe it's important to take ourselves outside our comfort zone once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell myself life is too short to not spend the rest of it doing ONLY what pleases me...what is comfortable. Now i am experimenting with not judging things as good or bad, comfy or not, exciting or boring. I do not know if I can live from that place but I shall see.

      Delete