Monday, September 10, 2012

Is Growing Older And Wilder A Good Idea?

This weekend I purchased a dress I first saw on an Asian girl that had come out of the dressing room to look in the daylight mirror and she looked great!!!  The dress is bright shades of greens, oranges, blues, and cremes stripes in chiffon on the top and a rose brown stretch pencil skirt with a black grosgrain  sash.  It looked so perfect on her I had to try it on.  I do not own a dress currently and will be attending a wedding this Saturday morning.  Bought it, did not fit in the shoulders so did some altering, ironed it and hung it in my closet.  Every time I look at it I say, "WHHHHHAT???"  I do not like it.  I never wear stripes. and I cannot relate to the style at all.  Can't return it because I made the alterations. 
Google image of Miuccia Prada
I've never had to be what I call "board room ready" or politically correct in my dress.  Creativity abounds and the only thing that I need is to feel me in my choices.  When I read a quote from Ms. Prada I totally agreed.  "Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a bit wilder, thinking about age all the time is the biggest prison women can make for themselves.."  I have no idea how my new dress is going to look on but my concern is I am not going to feel like myself.  We shall see.
Google image ladies in hats
 It at least will take me out of my comfort zone and maybe that will be fun?  Do you ever dress in a style that you think is new and different than you normally do?  I am not one who likes to dress in a costume of crazy hats and huge colored glasses but I also do not want to look like a J. Crew, Ann Taylor, Talbot's type mannequin.  I do think growing older and bolder is a good idea, but this new dress I think is just going to make me look like someone I don't know.  Oh well, maybe it will surprise me in a good way and I will want all stripes in my wardrobe from now on.  Is there a pattern or color that you do not wear?  If you did do you think you could change your mind?
Google image women in glasses




No comments:

Post a Comment