Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Toddlers and Tiaras

My boys are 15 months apart.  Everyone said it was too bad I did not have a girl because I loved to dress up.  Well, I dressed my boys  up.  I mean they were styled out in clothes that I made for them like a red and white hounds tooth jacket with matching shorts worn with a white turtle neck sweater and oxfords.  Another favorite being a white dress shirt,  plaid jacket with yellow bow tie and navy pants with blue swede clogs.  You get the picture.

When my daughter was born 6 years later she idolized her brothers.  She refused to wear a dress of any kind.  We have pictures of her with huge tears streaming down her face in every picture with a dress on that I had made of course.  I can see it now.  A white lace short sleeve top with a blue plaid skirt to the floor with white anklets and lace with white patent Mary Janes and her hair up like Little Miss Sunshine.  She was not about to be bribed.

When my youngest son came across the TV show Toddlers and Tiaras he freaked.  He said luckily he was born in the Northwest where pageants are not big.  I had never heard of them before I saw them a few years ago on TV myself.  I burst out laughing and yet it scared me because I think it may have been true.  Would I have done that to my little ones?  Please tell me NO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment