Monday, June 11, 2012

Party On The Beach 2012

Our plan was to head to the beach in Dustin, Florida since I had never been.  The forecast was stormy weather every day we planned to be there.  Since I hail from Oregon where the beach is 90 percent stormy all year round (or seems like it) the forecast at South Padre Island, Texas was sunshine and 90 degrees so the choice was made.

Four days in the sun, in the water and on the beach playing volleyball, football, paddle ball, frisbee, plus doing P90X weights and yoga workouts each of the eleven days of my vacation I ate up all the activity.  I also ate ice cream every night.  Blizzards at Dairy Queen and make your own sundaes at Coldstone Creamery and my granddaughter preparing homemade Monster Hot Fudge sundaes at home a major difference from my routine of broccoli and yogurt every night.

I know I could not keep up the party lifestyle for long but it was a super fun trip!!!

Our patio at the motel that over looks the beautiful bay so peaceful and serene

This is where we worked out with weights in the morning before hitting the beach

Lauren wants to be a surfer girl but lives in Arkansas..... .
Ryan my 5 year old grandson who boogey boarded for the first time

Monique my daughter who makes everything a party

Me in my elements

No comments:

Post a Comment