Monday, October 24, 2011

Jump In

Wanting to start a fashion blog with little computer experience and no camera  I came across the Penelope Trunk blog.  . WOW!! The girl is  all about  INSPIRATION !!!
.   She says...practice, practice, practice. I feel like I am a pre-ballet student that jumped into the Level Three ballet class by mistake.

Maybe Penelope is speaking to those that know alot more about Windows 7 and computer lingo and how to use a camera to take your own photos to post and how to import them into your blog etc. I do not even have words to explain all that I feel I do not know in order to know what I am doing.

Luckily I have been studying ballet for 20 years and know what it means to feel like a clutz and stick with it through tears and ego screaming at me with every excuse imaginable.  I was able to learn how to let that inner voice go and just go on automatic pilot with work and effort and just showing up to class 5 times a week.  I have improved over the years and it is definitely a passion I love as my favorite form of exercise.  I tell myself I am an athlete in training when the body, mind and spirit gets lazy and makes excuses.   Why is the body just naturally lazy??

Just like in ballet class I look for someone to blame for what I consider "too hard" or "not good enough"  Just like I want someone to blame for these lame posts with no pictures and what feels like a major hill to climb just to learn how to use my camera and get a tripod to take my pictures.  So I want to blame Peneolope even though I know her advice is exactly what I need to treat this like I did as a beginning dancer and just SHOW UP and JUMP IN!!

Martha Graham wrote that everyone is god's athlete. That we are all athletes in training.   Whatever you spend most of your time and give energy to is your athletic endeavor of choice.  What is yours?  Do you have more than one?  Do you just jump in?












No comments:

Post a Comment