Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Life Inside

Still feeling off my game after a full day at work.  No ballet class makes me a very dull person.  Seriously I would be brain dead if I did not take ballet class.  My work as a Research Associate involves speaking to business professionals all over the country which is not mentally challenging but physically takes a great deal of positive energy no matter how you are really feeling.  The best part is laughing with my colleagues and keeping the stress to a minimum.

Sitting at a desk connected to a computer and telephone all day I do make a point to get up and walk every 30 minutes.  Take the stairs every chance I get and would think when I get home I would be craving to run off to ballet class.  Not so much.  It takes determination, perseverance and all the rest of it to get to class every night.  But when an injury or illness comes along and I an not able to go that is when the withdrawals set in and I realize how much I depend on ballet for body, mind, spirit, wellness.

I cannot even begin to imagine what a professional athlete goes through mentally to get through.  It is healthy to rest yet my mind keeps telling me I need to hurry up and get well.  When I allow myself to just be with what is real instead of wanting it to be different I am aware that I do not allow it for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment