Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Change Is Challenging

I'm not going to lie......change scares me even when it is something I love.  I have been putting off changing dance studios because I am comfortable at the one I attend.  But I am not growing.   I have been coming up with every excuse in the book to not leave my comfort zone.  And then along comes a few incidents that create the push needed.  Then it is always the choice to go for it... or not.

Tonight I made the leap into a new studio.  It is so much more advanced than I am ready for and I am now taking class right along side the Bodyvox Company dancers that travel all over the world performing and can you say "intimidating"?  But at the same time exhilarating.

Ballet class is challenging on every level. If you watch Dancing With The Stars you hear the athletes and participants express how learning to dance is harder then one can ever imagine.  The reward only comes through hard work.   Today I was nervous having to force myself to follow through with making the switch and I was grumbling when my co-worker wondered why I put myself through such discipline when I could just go home, watch DWTS and have a glass of wine? 

Who knows what makes us choose the things we do in life?  It just makes sense to go for change when you see the signs, feel the push, and then have fun!!!!!

Google image Bodyvox Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment