Thursday, November 10, 2011

Impressions in dress

People judge us by how we look, what we have on, our appearance. Do we care? It seems the popular opinion out there is the younger we are the more we care about how we look. I disagree. I don't think age has anything to do with it. I think it is where we are emotionally and what is going on in our personal life that drives our style of dress. When younger I think we are driven by our peers...if we hang with girls who are totally into fashion then it will be the same. I grew up in a family where I was not allowed to focus on my dress so it was not fun to be clothes crazed. When I left home at the age of 17 and ran off to San Diego with a friend who was a Nazarene I went in line with her which was no make-up and plain clothes. When I married at 21 I just remember being more concerned with babies and sewing my own clothes. I did not have money to be at the mall anyway.

Through the years my fashion desire became more prevalent and one time I over heard a co-worker ask who he thought was fashionable and he said.....ME! I was shocked. I knew I cared about how I looked but I never thought of myself as fashion forward. Have you ever received an off-handed compliment that set you off into taking it to heart? Suddenly every day I focused on my dress completely and have ever since. I do not go anywhere without being all about the way I look. Anybody? No I am not a teen, not a twenty something, not an ex-model, not anyone that is the stereotype portrayed out there as one who is passionate about the way she looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment