Friday, November 18, 2011

A Lfe of Iconic Service???

Last night watching one of my favorite TV shows....Project Accessories.  I was stunned when I heard Kelly Osbourne introduced as a "fashion icon".  REALLY???  Today I received an email from my favorite fashion contributor Simon Doonan.  The title of his article for Slate Magazine, "What Is a Fashion Icon?"  He was asked to speak about how it feels to be one.  Now he is in my mind the real deal.  He has earned the title by writing many books that are hilarious and being the artistic director of Barney's NY forever.  He is the perfect example of a fashion icon in my book.



Oh WOW!!  He is amazing with a sense of humor that I would die to hang out with.  His observations are spot on and no one says it better or funnier.  Let me quote: a high fashion icon is obliged to hobble around in ever more outrageous outfits while maintaining a brutal minimum weight.  Being a HF icon is, in many ways, a life of service." 

Can I relate?  Me the ever dieter for the last 50 years in order to feel good in my clothes.  It is not easy going through this culture of food worshipers and every social event centered around food to be disciplined and centered enough to make a different choice.  It all comes down to choices.  My mother said everyone always asked her how she stayed so slim.  She said, "they don't really want to know".  It takes a desire to feel healthy and fit and fashion is the icing on the cake.

It is a life of service in a way.  A service to one self to stay as healthy as possible.  I am so hungry right now.  It is 7pm so I will have some tuna fish with chips and two rice cakes with a tablespoon of jam on each and a cup of chocolate Svelte.  I wonder what Simon has for Friday night dinner? 

Did you know William Schatner is 80?  He looks FAB........

No comments:

Post a Comment