Wednesday, November 9, 2011

much to learn....

Starting this fashion blog without even knowing how to use my computer programs let alone a camera and tripod....while working full time.....and running off to another ballet class....the process feels like it is taking forever. Asking for help is one thing but not even knowing who to ask is major. Who has a laptop with a Firefox and MSIE browser and knows the steps it takes to fashion blog in ten easy steps or more? I have started other ventures in my life like getting a degree in broadcasting and doing what it took to network to get a job as a rock & roll disc-jockey for 5 years. Then decided to end it with no idea what or where to go next. It took me a whole year of un-employment and soul searching to end up at a liberal arts college to get a 4 year degree in Pastoral Ministries only to change course and switch to a B. A. in Social Sciences with an emphasis in physical education. It took a boyfriend pushing me literally to get past my shyness to teach a class I had designed called "Body/Mind Fitness". With his insisting I do it NOW not when I felt I would be ready was the key and I went on to teach yoga classes for 25 years. Every new adventure brings its own challenges and feels risky. Not knowing if I am doing things in the right way. "When the student is ready the teacher will come".....and in many forms......I know I am not alone in these transitions. It is fun when I dont get caught up in the "doing" and stay with the learning.........

No comments:

Post a Comment